Monday, April 5, 2010

Sunday Snapshots

Ni Hao Y'all


Pure Joy.
I love rainy days with kids. Children look at rainy days and see opportunity. They see the possibilities for fun. Last Sunday, a few families went out to brunch to celebrate a friend's birthday. It was a cold rainy day in the city. It was one of those days that New Yorkers grumble about and parents worry about their children getting muddy and catching cold. Not kids though. Kids love rainy days. And these little ones were no different.


During brunch, they stood in the restaurant's window with their umbrellas ready dreaming of being out in the rain.

So, out we went. Five little ones excited about the possibilities of puddles to splash in and rain to dance in.


While parents worried about the jeans that would soon be soaked five children lived in the moment of joy.



Taking in every puddle they could find.




But joy is contagious, especially when it comes pouring out of children. I know I saw a few smiles and some laughter from a few of those moms and dads. The scene behind me while these little ones huddled in for a picture was of 5 crazy dads dancing in the street just to see the smiles of their kids. Now, that's worth a rainy day to me!


Oh, for the beauty of children and all their joy. What a gift!

2 comments:

ramblingteapot said...

I LOVE it, Sweetness! You have captured the truth of kids and rain... It made me think back to when you were a child and even when I was a child and I did all those same things as Gracie and her friends... Ther is always a bit of the child still in us....

Stefanie said...

What a BEAUTIFUL post!! You captured the joy and the simplicity of childhood so eloquently, and your pictures are stunning!!
So glad you shared your Snapshot this week!