Monday, August 9, 2010

Treasured Friends






Gracie and her little friend Emma have a special friendship...one that reminds me a lot of their moms....

Oh my friend, Laura. She is one wonderful girl. There are those people that you are always meaning to see but never seem to make the visit.




Laura is one of my very dearest friends. From long ago during camp days when we spent all-nighters in the office working on I don't even remember what to the long summer camp days Laura was that person that kept me in check.





She was the girls' director and I, the program director. She encouraged me, laugh at me and with me, and supported me when things were very difficult.

Laura and Nathaniel (the avid photographers)

But, she wasn't just my friend, she was my brother's friend. She encouraged him, laughed with him and at him, and always wanted the best for him. That meant a lot to me then and it still means a lot to me now. Nathaniel would be so glad to know that we are still close and we still share in eachother's lives.

Laura and Nathaniel


So, when you see a treasured friend like Laura and time doesn't seem to have really ever passed except that it really really has, you soak it all in.

When we worked at camp we were young and our children were the little campers that came each week. Much has happened since those camp days. There have been losses, joys and sorrows, celebrations, new careers, homes and adventures....and motherhood. Watching Laura as a mom is pretty incredible. She is all the things I loved most about her...and more.


Surrounded by her beautiful little girls I enjoyed every moment, just grateful to be with her.




Sweet Little Emma (Laura's oldest daughter and Graciebug's little friend)






And what do I love? I love that my little girl and her little girl adore each other.



And I think that no matter the years that pass they too will always pick up right where they left off.


And that makes me smile.

No comments: