Friday, September 12, 2008

Thankful Thursday (on Friday)


Mommy and Gracie cuddled up in Gracie's bed after a full day. A sleepy Gracie said, "I am thankful for my parents. They are special to me."

I am thankful for you too, my little gift. You are special to me too.

I love story time with Gracie. We have started chapter books at night, as well as, the classic Golden Book poetry and prayers. Here is a Thankful Prayer we read at night from our Golden Books. It is by an American poet and essayist, Ralph Waldo Emerson.

This particular stanza is very true for our life here in Grenada.

...For blue of stream and blue of sky...
For pleasant shade of branches high...
For fragrant air and cooling breeze,
For beauty of the blooming trees,
Father in heaven, we thank thee....

There is so much to be grateful for here in Grenada. I am thankful that Gracie is old enough now to have some memories to take with her from our life here. I am grateful for the home we have, the friends we've made and the simplicity of the life we lead.

1 comment:

Amie said...

What a sweet post... Bedtime snuggle/story time is one of my favorite times of the day!

:)
Amie