Monday, November 22, 2010

Little Sis Turns 19

Ni Hao Y'all













It was her big birthday. 13. She was excited. We celebrated at a little restaurant in Ghaunzhou, China. It was exactly a week after Gracie had joined our family and here we were celebrating my little sister's big day surrounded by our new friends, 8 beautiful baby girls and our family.





Watching the baby of the family welcome in the newest baby of the family was...well...pretty great. She turned 13 in China as far away from home as she had ever been, lost her place as the baby of the family and became an auntie in one wonderfully memorable week. I remember a particular bath time in China with a little baby who was a lot afraid and a little 12 year old who wanted to help. She climbed in the tub with her where new little niece sat. Her feet and clothes soaked and her trademark silliness she made her little baby niece laugh.







And six years later on this beautiful Sunday afternoon, I watched them walk hand in hand across the grass, my sweet girl looking up at her beautiful Auntie with adoring eyes. They were walking in their dresses and smiling. And I, I just watched. With my camera in my hands. And forgot to take a picture.


Happy Birthday to a beautiful sister and a pretty all around wonderful Auntie. You are loved.

No comments: