Saturday, October 22, 2011

July 26th, 2011: Picture Day

Today, we meandered through the shops, had one last get together with our travel group at Lucy's, surrounded by all that is stereotypical America - James Dean and Marylin Monroe, Elvis, and...Alf? Posters and framed pictures dress the walls attempting to create an at home feeling for the westerners who stop through for a few days. A menu that covers a myriad of choices from french fries and burgers to pasta to a more Asian fare meets everyone's fancy. It is good to be together as a group again. We have shared a great deal of incredible moments over the last week and now it feels like we have known one another so much longer than that. Each of the little girls is changing so much. Morgan sits at the table with a huge grin while playfully wearing Chris's hat. Stella is eating...everything in sight and giving orders around the table. And little Jenna is a mama's girl through and through....it is so sweet to see how in love she is with her mama. Emma is sleeping....She is still sleeping most of the time with little spurts of time awake.

We end our days' outing bargaining for 7 dresses that match for our little babies and their big sisters. Today is the red couch day and how cute will these Jie Jies and Mei Mei's be? Pretty cute.

We enjoy our afternoon of wandering about from shop to shop and visiting some of the charity organizations' places along the park. But I am distracted. A good kind of distraction. Emma wraps me into her little world and I am happy to just be with her, doing nothing in particular.


Already, she has changed. She watches and her eyes focus on faces more now. Her aspirating is improving slowly and she smiles so much, especially when she looks into her sister's face. She is so, so joyful. She may struggle with following movement with her eyes or focus on objects, but when she looks into my face...she looks so deeply as if there is nothing or no one else in all the world. I love that. I am drawn right into those beautiful dark eyes and everything is right with the world.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi, my name is Amy and I have been to Chenzhou twice. My first time there, I bonded with your sweet girl. Shannon told me today that you had found her, something I have been praying for since we got home last year! Please contact me or find me on Facebook! I have several pictures of her!