Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Arrival of a New Ladybug

Today is the day. I awoke this morning at 3:23 and began journaling. This last week of adventures in Hong Kong afforded me little time to blog or journal and with so much running through my mind, I journaled and journaled for 3 hours.

My eyes awoke to the site of the crib beside me and through the bars I see all the neatly placed toys, blankies, and soft little friends and awaiting their baby...almost in anticipation themselves. And it is surreal. Perhaps a part of why it seems so surreal is that I am calm. Perfectly at peace. Rare for me. How did this happen? Clearly a G*d thing. Or, something must be wrong with me. There are so many uncertainties with our littlest one we meet today... So many health worries that we began that we have moved beyond and found peace. I feel peace. Complete and total peace. I feel ready. Matt is definitely ready. Gracie is beyond ready. We are ready. Ready to hold her. Ready to love her. Ready to comfort her. Ready to grow in new ways. Ready to open our hearts bigger and just ready. Oh little Emma is only three hours from being here. In this room. In these arms.

I see the sun rising over the "old buildings" of Changsha. I have much to do. Lists to complete!

Emma in three in hours!

3 comments:

M. said...

Right now you are holding her! I have goosebumps way over here on the other side of the world. Congratulations Wilsons! xoxo

Catherine said...

Your sweet baby girl is in your arms by now! I remember the room in Changsha where I met my daughter 20 months ago, like it was yesterday.

congratulations on the precious new addition to your family who is now safe in her parent's arms ready for love, learning and growing together!

PS - I remember trying to journal all I could and literally falling asleep journalling. Since then I've thought of capturing a nightly video journal just talking about what we'd done. Wish I'd thought of it at the time! Hope it's a little tid bit that might help you.

Congratulations once again!!

Kim said...

Praying for you all!!! Cant wait to see her!!!