Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jie Jie and Mei Mei

Three became big sisters this week. Jie Jie as big sister is called in Mandarin. It isn't just a big moment for mom and dad but also for those becoming big sisters for the first time. Lots of questions. Will I be a good big sister? Will mom and dad still have time for me? What will she be like? Will she like me?

Each big sister had their own questions about what was happening. But becoming sisters is pretty incredible...and a sisters' relationship is unlike others....there is something about it that only sisters can really understand. And well, right now, they are each getting started, finding the answers to all their questions...but if not already, very soon, they will have that thing...that indescribable thing that sisters have and only sisters understand....I think it is already starting....

Happy Sister Day, Ellie, Nina and my sweet Graceanna.

No comments: